The award-winning RACE ULTRA ™ line, the best running shoe for unlimited kilometers on mixed terrain, offers comfort, protection, grip and debris without running with integrated bellows options (leggings sold separately). The increased levels of protection and cushioning of the feet make the 290 perfect for long distance training and racing. With exceptional comfort, durability and grip, this shoe provides an ultra-comfortable ride through the injected midsole and the bumper without a toe cap.
- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides moderate foot cushioning. This is the average damping level of Inov8 on its 0-4 arrow scale.
- EVA foam injection for elastic cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- The Dynamic Fascia Band, which runs from the heel to the forefoot, acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and driving the runner forward.
- Meta-Shank extends from the midfoot to the front of the foot with only 5 fingers, for flexible impact protection under the feet.
- Race Ultra is a flatter trail sole constructed with a low-eared pattern. It is intended for use on compact roads and on occasional roads.
- Endurance Rubber for durability and grip in mixed terrain.
- The Meta-Flex groove is located on the front of the foot to stimulate the natural flexion of the forefoot during takeoff.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the top for a lightweight and breathable coverage.
- The TPU lacing system uses TPU lanyards for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- 6 mm insole for additional comfort under the feet.
- X-Static XT2 uses the properties of silver to combat the growth of bacteria, combat the odor and feet of athletes.
- Gaiter Attachment allows a perfect fit of the gaiter (the matching gaiter is sold separately).
- Anatomic Last follows the natural shape of the human foot for a comfortable and close fit.